Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bye bye Clermont-Ferrand

I've gotten sick the past three days (a usual occurrence whenever I'm abroad). I guess being on the road for more than two weeks had taken its toll.

Anyway, this is my last night in Clermont-Ferrand, the past week had been fun. Screenings of INHALATION occurred every night. Always to a full house. Twice, my screening had happened in the Cocteau hall, which has a capacity for 1200 people.

In other days, film is screened in smaller halls that still hold 600+ people.






No wonder this is one of the two biggest short film festivals in the world. It's like the Cannes Film Fest for short films.

I arrived here on the 5th of Feb via train from Rotterdam. Journey lasted around 6 hours, I managed to finish the first season of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER during the journey.











Clermont-Ferrand itself is a nice city. Especially at night.




Went through a few interviews myself. Including an official press conference where I discuss my film with moderators and the public.








Will upload the video later.

The other Malaysians traveling with me were Fei Ling (WOMAN ON FIRE LOOKS FOR WATER actress) and Winnie. They were both representing Da Huang Pictures and Malaysian shorts in general (like mine, obviously). Here's a photo of them in action.




Winnie (in black) also celebrated her birthday. Here's her birthday dinner.




Being in a film festival like this can be highly inspiring, I cannot wait to shoot another film again.