Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm now in Bratislava, Slovakia

I recently watched 'UP IN THE AIR' while I was on the plane back to Tokyo. I felt that I could totally relate to George Clooney's character.

After 3 nights in Tokyo, I took to the skies again. This time I was heading towards Bratislava, in Slovakia. I'm one of the 20 participants invited for the Script and Pitch Workshop.


Here's Narita Airport, Terminal 1.

Narita Airport


This is the plane that I was stuck in for 12 hours.

ANA plane


'Stuck' would have been too strong a word, as if I were insinuating that the flight was unpleasant. For me it was quite pleasant, half of the time I was sleeping, while the rest, I was watching 'CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS' (really good film), an episode of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER and then ARMMORED, directed by Nimrod Antal, and starring Matt Dillon, Jean Reno and Laurence Fishburne (surprisingly entertaining film too).

Then I drowned in melancholy while reading Yukio Mishima's SPRING SNOW. Quite a depressing film.

I arrived at Vienna Airport and then took a bus to Bratislava. The ride was around 50 minutes. I managed to finish SPRING SNOW.

When I arrived, this building was what I saw.

A building in Bratislava


On a not-too-distant hill, there's a castle.

A faraway castle


I'm staying in the Park Inn hotel for the next week.

Park Inn hotel