Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Unexpectedly ended up at the GREEN DAY concert in Saitama!

Green Day concert tickets


Yesterday, while I was having lunch with a friend at Acacia restaurant, Shinjuku, she told me she had two free tickets to the Green Day concert in the evening at Saitama and whether I wanted to go.


Acacia Restaurant


"YES!" I said. I didn't even know that Green Day was in Japan.

So we went.

I always thought that Saitama's sort of like Kanagawa, somewhere in the countryside, and wondered why, of all places, would Green Day have a concert there.

When I stepped out of the train, I was shocked by how futuristic Saitama city looked. (city was new, founded in 2001)

Outside Saitama station

Buildings at Saitama

Saitama-Shintoshin Station

Green Day poster at Saitama Super arena

Me with Green Day ticket


The Saitama Super Arena (max capacity: 37 000)

The Green Day concert crowd


click here if can't see embedded video


The opening act was Prima Donna.


Click here if can't see embedded video


And then, there's GREEN DAY. Everyone rose up from their seats, no one sat for the next 3 hours.

Green Day concert in Saitama Super Arena

Green Day concert in Saitama Super Arena 2

Green Day concert in Saitama Super Arena 3


Here's a short video of audiences singing along during their performance of Boulevard of Broken Dreams.


Click here if can't see embedded video)


All proceeds of the concert were to go to Haiti.