Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Genius kids make me feel puny

Sorry for the lack of updates since I came back to Malaysia, been really busy with stuff. And I feel demotivated since internet connection here's light ears slower than the one I had in Tokyo, have difficulties uploading photos, let alone videos!

Anyway, I was at the first day of the Klang Creative Fest 2009 yesterday because there was a screening of a couple of films I was involved in, like KURUS and THE ELEPHANT AND THE SEA, and after that I presented my short films, CHICKEN RICE MYSTERY (which just got invited to next month's Calgary Film Festival, I'm surprised it still has festival life!) my little-seen experimental video essay FLEETING IMAGES (I decided to take it out cos it got invited for competition at next month's Singapore Short Film Festival), LOVE SUICIDES (gonna be in competition at next month's Split International Film Fest in Croatia) and then AFTERNOON RIVER, which was shot in Klang back in April and was really commissioned for the Creative Fest. In the end I decided to throw in my Groundhog Day-influenced romantic comedy 3PM because I wanted my screening to end on a lighter note, and people were influenced about my Japanese works (I didn't screen Kingyo for reasons I will explain in a few days)

But prior to my screening, I was walking about the fest, and saw many things that humbled me. Like genius kid painters.


Genius girl painter


Whoa. I Keanu'd. Then I walked off to some booths, and a kid started pushing me some organic lemonades he and his mom were selling. He was persistent, so I told him to pose with the drink so I'll buy it. He complied.

Kid selling organic lemonade


His mom explained to me that the kid's home-schooled, and likes to paint. Then the kid took out his painting.

Kid shows his artwork


Oh great, another genius kid painter. I snapped a photo and showed the kid. The kid was happy with my photography skills, so he asked me to take another one.

Kid doesn't sell his artwork


I guess he was telling me that he wasn't for sale.

Will be heading off to the second day of the festival in 20 mins!

(I've taken photos of some singing performances last night too, and videos, but will post those later)