Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Thursday, May 15, 2008

CHICKEN RICE MYSTERY Receives Two Awards at BMW SHORTIES!

Just got the news from my dad after he came back from the BMW Shorties Gala Premiere. CHICKEN RICE MYSTERY had received two awards! A Best Acting award for Kimmy as The Mom Who Sucks At Cooking, and an Honourable Mention from the jury as well!

Happy for you, Kimmy!


Mom (Kimmy) is angstyMom (Kimmy) readying dinner
Mom (Kimmy) goes through another kitchen disasterMemories of the Legendary Chicken Rice
Kimmy Kiew as the cooking-challenged Mom

15th of May, 2008. I received my very first award as a filmmaker. I won't forget this.

I'm dedicating this to the cast and crew, to my family and friends, everyone who made this happen. You know who you are. I was blessed to be part of this production.

Of course, this is also for the audiences. Thank you for your loving support in the past month. Those who watched it. Those wrote about it. You have my gratitude.

Updated with photos taken by Han (18th of May, 2008)


Kimmy and Lesly The Cinematographer (who represented me on that night)


Kimmy, Lesly and Han


Updated (20th of May, 2008)

Just to clarify some things:

Being in Tokyo to do my Masters, I did NOT attend the BMW SHORTIES GALA PREMIERE last Thursday. The person who received the award on my behalf was Lesly The Cinematographer. So, you might see him being mistakenly listed as me, in some articles.

So no, I didn't undergo any plastic surgery that day. And no, the one who made CHICKEN RICE MYSTERY wasn't another guy named Edmund Yeo.

Yup, that's all.