Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Saturday, April 28, 2007

VIDEO: James Lee's BEFORE WE FALL IN LOVE AGAIN and THINGS WE DO WHEN WE FALL IN LOVE Press Conference


On the 26th and 27th of April, GSC Mid Valley held press screenings of two films by the Malaysian indie director James Lee, BEFORE WE FALL IN LOVE AGAIN and THINGS WE DO WHEN WE FALL IN LOVE, both part of his LOVE trilogy, followed by a press conference that featured him and three cast members of both films, Amy Len, Loh Bok Lai and Chye Chee Keong.




My dad (and I) were invited, and thankfully, James, being the cool guy he is, gave me the permission to film the conference. This video will feature some of the highlights from the conference, which I hope, will help attract more local film audiences (who are into these kinds of films) to catch both films when they are officially released on the 10th of May, 2007.

James Lee is one of the pioneers of the Malaysian Digital Film movement. My first meeting with him at a seminar was chronicled in this 2005 blog entry. I even made a point of, ahem, mentioning him too in a recent video about my SURF MAGAZINE interview. More info about his movies can be found at the Da Huang Pictures (a company he formed with filmmakers Amir Muhammad and Tan Chui Mui) website.

You can hear me start asking questions towards the 2-minute mark.