Embed Instagram Post Code Generator

Friday, September 30, 2005

Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit

I had spent the last 20 minutes writing a rather lengthy review of 'Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit', but Blogger fucked up again, and I lost everything.

So I shall summarize what I wrote in that review.



I was turned off by the shitty trailer but I went to see it anyway because I saw a review on Rottentomatoes.com calling it one of the finest films of the year. Also I was immensely entertained by the previous work of this film's creator, Chicken Run, so I gave this a go. And no, I didn't watch the original TV series. Might be before my time, I guess.

Not as good as the review said, definitely not the finest film of the year, but since I saw this back-to-back with the incredibly shitty Dukes Of Hazzard (My review here. Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott should be shot, I can't think of the latter being in anything good besides the American Pie movies now), I enjoyed it more than I initially expected.

Wallace is an inventor, Gromit is his mute dog who can cook and drive and is pretty much Wallace's 'nanny' as he (the dog) is the 'voice' of logic and reason. They are pest control who capture rabbits who ravage the gardens of neighbours. Vegetable fair is just few days away, but a were-rabbit appears and starts wrecking shit up. Can our heroes stop them? Especially when evidences point to the fact that this were-rabbit may actually be a result of one of Wallace's crazy inventions? Dum dum dum.

This film is rather amusing, and has impressively madcap action scenes that are more amazing when you remember everything's done using stop-motion effects and not CGI. The trailer looks that bad because the jokes are all taken out of context, and in a way, I guess it is made to look intentionally bad and cheesy. Doesn't really do this film justice.

Overall? It didn't blow me away, but I was definitely entertained.